Avmount Machine Mounts : Type AV
To obtain optimum performance from machine tools after installation, the noise levels must be reduced and the external and inherent vibrations kept to a minimum. In order to achieve this, Avmount Anti-Vibration mountings can be used that are not only easy to install but also provide for precise-levelling. The mounts absorb shocks and impacts caused by punching machines and presses as also the horizontal forces from injection moulding machines and shaping machines.
The mounts keep the machinery firmly in position whilst aiding smooth operation. Avmounts eliminate mass movements of shaping machines and prevent them from drifting. Lathes, grinding machines and other precision machines are protected from external shock loads and vibrations.
Applications of Mountings (Type AV)
- Lathes Machine Mounts
- Millling Machine Mounts
- Shaping Machine Mounts
- Grinding Machine Mounts
- Power Press Mounts
- Hydraulic Press Mounts
- Knibller Mounts
- Notching Machine Mounts
- Press Brake Mounts
- Guillotine Shear Mounts
- Rubber Processing Machinery Mounts
- Wood Working Machine Mounts
Benefits of Mountings (Type AV)
- No foundation or grouting required
- Easy installation
- Precision levelling
- No external shock loads or vibrations
- Absorption of shocks and impacts
- Machinery firmly positioned thus preventing wandering
- Lower noise levels
- Mobility of machinery
- Immediate commissioning
Mounting Procedure (Type AV)
Lift the machine slightly above the floor.
- Screw down the bolts into their respective guides.
- Lower the machine so that it rests on the machine mounts.
- Level the machine using a precision spirit level as illustrated.
- Tighten the lock nut after levelling, to prevent any alterations in level while in operation.
- Should the levelling exceed this limit because of an uneven floor, then a spacer of appropriate diameter and thickness should be inserted between the machine base and the mount, to compensate for the difference in the floor level at any support point.
- In some machines, the design of the base is hollow and the bolt hole provided is such that the mountings cannot be directly fixed to the base. In such cases, the machine is made to rest on an adequate size of flats and the mountings placed under them. The rest of the procedure is the same as discussed.
- If the bolt lengths are more, the chamfered end may be cut to suit the machine. After cutting it to the required length, then chamfer the end to an included angle of 120 degrees and a 3 mm depth.